Mbowa was established as a learning Institution in 2005.
This move was provoked by the high level of drop-out rate in South Africa at the time, a large number of learner's who could no longer pursue their educational dreams due to factors like drug abuse and pregnancy where rejected by most leaning institutions.
Mbowa first opened its doors as a Matric rewrite center with an all age and no uniform policy so as to accommodate and reinstall hope to all who still had the passion and drive to pursue their educational goals.
Mbowa as a learning centre was registered first as Mbowa Trinity College cc in 2005 and in 2008 with South Africa preparing to host the FIFA world-cup, specialized skills where in high demand, Mbowa was re-registered as Mbowa academy and Business College (Pty) Ltd to prepare our learners with skills that where required during the African soccer show Pease.
This experiment made us realize the high demand in specialized skills training and so Mbowa College was introduce to cater for these groups.
Today Mbowa is a fully registered Learning institution with the following levels. Primary, High school and TVET College and a Matric Re-write center
Mbowa College is affiliated to the mother body MBOWA GROUP
Mbowa College is an adult based institution offering education and training both as a Matric re-write centre, Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) centre, Further Education and Training (FET) centre and a TVET-Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
The offered programmes are accredited by the cuncil for quality assurance (UMALUSI) and different SETAs.
The curriculum, syllabus or modules are based on national standards as directed by SAQA (South African Quality Authority), through the National Qualifications Framework.
The Course contents are reviewed regularly to ensure our students are equipped with the most current developments in the business environment.
Knowing that education is a priority that belong to all, we've been committed to equal opportunities for all as we value the culture diversity in our communities too.
By acknowledging the diverse background of our students, we have also been complying with the recruitment policy where some of the outgoing graduates are given the opportunity to do their experiential training with us.
Knowing that our success lies in client's satisfaction, we have now developed a customer friendly atmosphere and our employees understand exactly our clients' expectations as they are required to use skills, knowledge and appropriate attitude while performing their duties
- Our objectives
- To provide educational services with pride, respect, dignity and equal opportunities.
- To empower our community with knowledge skills, Innovation and Values
- To advance in providing services that is in line with standards required by the industry
- To achieve growth through increased enrolment in both our High school and tertiary
- Mission Statement
- Providing our learners with an education which will equip them to meet the challenges of the future
- Developing the human potential ,talent and personality each learner , encouraging discovery and critical thinking
- Building a culture of sound moral values and discipline leading to learners making an effective contribution to their immediate communities.
- Creating a safe and secure environment for all involved within a school which has an ethos of disciplined teaching and learning
- Embracing all learners, their parents teaching and the local community, encourage them to feel a sense of belonging and pride in each other and the school.
- Motivating and encouraging our learners to be accountable for their actions so that they will become responsible, confident members of society.
- Our core Values include
- Commitments and responsibilities in educating our communities | Permanent residence
- Empowering our learners with a global and local perspective | World Citizenship
- Developing individuality and entrepreneurial spirit in order to discover potential | leadership
- Encouraging flexible thinker to question existing thinking | Forward thinking
- Accepting that we are all different, Recognizing that we are all the same | Universal values
- Our core objectives include
- Services that are in line with the standards required by the education industry
- Develop constructive partnership with our community, learners' parents and related sectors
- Excel in Extra-curricular activities
- Achieve grown through increased enrollments and academic excellence.
Our vision is to be a channel of truimph to this generation and the generations to come.
To ensure that our learners achieve their educational goals by encouraging flexible thinking to challenge existing thinking and making their stay at Mbowa an enjoyable experience by;
Power of possibility guarantees freedom to imagine one's potential though such freedom could either liberate or trap you.